Saturday, April 23, 2011

Taking the First Step

As I sit on our makeshift couch in my dormitory sipping coffee out of my green mug, my roommate serenading the room with her melodic voice, I reflect on this past semester. I argued with God so much, I didn't want to come to North Central second semester. I was already bitter about how long the reapplication process took. I had all of these doubts in my mind, I imagined things going wrong in every possible way. I didn't want to leave my family or friends. I was planning at staying at SC4 for another semester...deep down inside, I knew I wasn't going to be there any longer than fall semester this year but I pushed it to the back of my mind. I avoided getting my stuff in as long as possible. I didn't tell anyone I was leaving until like 3 weeks before, some three days before because I fear goodbyes...real goodbyes...

Although it was really difficult for me to take that first step, I don't regret doing it. I have been stretched in ways beyond my imagination. God has blessed me with every single person who I have come across this semester. I have been challenged: school, spiritually and relationally. I have been taken out of my comfort zone again and again. I have heard many life-transforming sermons. I have gotten the opportunity to speak into peoples' lives as they have spoken into mine. I have learned more than I ever thought was possible. I have gotten opportunity to speak highly of my spiritual leadership and my friends back home. I  have realized how blessed I am to have such a great group of people at home that will show their support, no matter where God takes me. (even if they tell me it's not God's will for me to go four states away...=P)

I want to encourage you, yes you. The one who is reading this blog whether I forced you to or you're reading it on your own. If God tells you to do something, do it. It's worth taking that first step. Sometimes what you have seems more appealing then what you're supposed to do. Don't weigh the pros and cons of what God wants you to do, just do it. He knows exactly what He's doing. I'm not going to tell you that it will be easy, but it will be worth it. Every minute of it.

2 comments:

Jennifer Ann Margaret Patino said...

Yes! I so needed that :D

*hugs* Thank you

Jamie Nicole said...

I took that first step!

It was definitely worth it, even though there were a lot of difficult times along the way God never fails to prove himself worthy of all glory.

Well done.
Always,
jamie nicole