Sunday, April 10, 2011

"There is one pain I often feel, which you will never know. It is caused by the absence of you.” -William Shakespeare

They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. At times, I find this to be the complete truth. There are days that I long for nothing more than to be close to the people that I am far away from, to be able to smile and laugh and have ridiculous conversations with. To be able to talk to face to face. To be able to look into your eyes. To remember what your voice sounds like. To remember why I care so much.

 Other times, I hate this quotation because being far away makes me realize who people really are and it makes me want to never speak to them again, no matter how nice they seemed like they were face to face. Sometimes I wonder if my life was wasted investing my time into these people. I wonder if  they knew how much I cared or how much I still care, whether or not it's reciprocated. I wonder if they knew how much their stupid comments actually hurt whether or not they're joking. I wonder if they have any idea, despite all of this that I miss them. More than anything in the world.

I wonder if missing somebody can make you angry at them because they're not here and everything that they do or everything that they say is magnified in my head, if I make it out to be more than it actually is. Maybe these people are actually one person that I care deeply about and they have no idea.

8 comments:

Jamie Nicole said...

I think the only solution would be to tell that person and find out once and for all how they feel about you too. Just a thought!

Always,
Jamie Nicole
foreveryourimage.blogspot.com

Emily Moews said...

Jamie! NO!! You follow your own advice and I will consider it. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jamie! =)

Emily Moews said...

Jessica! Not fair. I don't like this whole ganging up on me thing. ;)

Jamie Nicole said...

Now now Emily... To love is to risk!

Even Shakespeare says so (:
Always,
Jamie Nicole

Anonymous said...

Heyy, i was wondering if i can please use this article as part of my assesment for my upcoming HSC, australian version of end of high school tests.
uhm also wen was this posted, and did u write this from your own words, its very good!
thankyou :)

Anonymous said...

P.s, im not copy writing it, i wanna analyse and compare it, as my related text to emily Dickinson's poems, please :)

Emily Moews said...

Sure.