Saturday, March 19, 2011

Repainting Jesus


Over the last couple of days, I have been really been reflecting on the message in this video that Eric Samuel Timm portrays. Who knew that these two words would have such an effect on me? Repainting Jesus. No, not changing who Jesus is but repainting the image that people have of Him due to people within the church. Telling them God hates them, that they're an abomination...that they're going to hell.  How can I, as a Christian who has a heart for broken people, be different? How can I apply this concept in my walk with God and reaching out to people of repainting Jesus to show who He really is? One main concept that I want to apply in reaching out to people is that love is not conditional.

What about you? What concepts will you use to "repaint Jesus" to others in your own life?

2 comments:

Jamie Nicole said...

I watched this video on facebook and it's wonderful! I am determined to repaint Jesus for my friends back home who are of the world and have never really known of Jesus outside of what people tell them. I want them to know that He takes no count of our sin.

Always,
Jamie Nicole

Anonymous said...

www.repaintingjesustotheworld.com

Check it out... it will be well worth your time. It may even be the reason why "Repainting Jesus" resonated with you so much. Take care and God bless