Monday, March 28, 2011

I AM NOT HOMESCHOOLED!!

Okay, so what if I'm a little bit awkward? Well, really awkward. It's hard for me to open up to people. I'm really shy. That was not a result of my homeschooling. In fact I went to public school but according to most of the world, I fit the stereotype of a homeschooler. I prefer to read essays by Ralph Waldo Emerson rather than the latest Twilight book. I research conspiracy theories for absolutely no reason but my own entertainment. I think Shakespeare was a genius. I have strong political views. I am in love with Emily Dickinson's poetry and will analyze it all day if I can. I think intelligence is one of the most attractive qualities. I would live in a bookstore if I could. I love corny jokes, telling them and laughing at them. I think a lot of things nobody thinks are funny are hilarious. I am sometimes quiet and extremely laid back. I try to treat everybody with respect. I always hold the door open for people. I am a firm believer in modesty. I don't know what the most popular movies, music or whatever are. Quite frankly, I don't care.

But guess what? Stereotypes are stupid. It's great to feel like you belong to something but it's even greater to be accepted for who you are and not have someone label you as who they expect you to be. So here I am, writing this as Emily...not a "homeschooler", a "public schooler", an "unofficial homeschooler", a "nerd", an "outcast" a "prep"...none of those things are me. I am Emily, exactly who God created me to be.

1 comment:

Jamie Nicole said...

So, reading this made me think of my latest blog entry. Haha. And also how we haven't enjoyed each others company in like a week! And we need to chill sometimes, soon and dwell in one another's awkwardness (:

Always,
Jamie Nicole