Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Time Management

As my friends, sisters in Christ and I continue to participate in our 4 day Facebook fast, I am realizing that I spend way more time on frivolous things than what actually matters. Yes, I am 12 hours away from home. Yes, I use Facebook to communicate with people but is it really necessary to spend so much time on there? It's not like people won't be on tomorrow. What happens on Facebook should not be my first priority. God should be my first priority. The things that I write about, the things that I post are not as valuable if I do not follow my own words. I am realizing that sometimes it's okay to turn off my computer, my cell phone, even music, my thoughts that have nothing to do with anything and whatever else might be distracting me from quiet alone time with God. I know that it really bothers me when I am trying to talk to/hang out with somebody when they're constantly on their phone texting or calling people...it isn't right for me to do the same thing to God. Now that you know about my struggles with time management, where do you spend your time? What is the ratio of time you spend with God to the time you spend doing other unimportant things, such as going on Facebook, writing blogs and tweeting? Don't get me wrong, these are great ministry tools but ministry should not get in the way of our relationship with God.

No comments: