Thursday, February 24, 2011

Woman at the Well

I find the story of the woman at the well an inspiring story. Many of us feel like the woman at the well sometimes, ashamed and broken but God always looks at us with love and tells us the truth in love...how Jesus approached her without judgment and asked her to get a drink for Him. Just a lowly Gentile. In that time, Jews would NOT speak to the Gentiles and would go out of their way to avoid them at all costs. I was praying for a few people in chapel today and gave a girl I didn't know a word of knowledge, prayed for another girl's healing and prayed for peace in someone else...getting to the point where I asked God He trusted me with so much...I felt like the woman at the well, a lowly Gentile...except for I'm just a college sophomore, studying Social Work...why not a ministry major or something? The answer was simple, "You are willing to go wherever I lead you to" God will trust you with awesome things if you step forward and say, "I am willing, wherever You lead, I'll go."

Also, I wrote a poem about the woman at the well...well, more inspired by which I might make into spoken word one day and it probably has nothing to do with this blog...maybe it does.

This filthy dishrag water reminds me of myself,
once pure and clear and innocent but then I
mixed myself with dirt and made myself into mud,
became something that I never wanted to become.
All I really wanted, all I really needed was to be loved
so I searched and I searched, in every nook and every cranny .

I thought that I found it but it only turned out to be the
cheap alternative to what love really is. Love, where
are you? Am I looking for you in all the wrong places? Am
I looking at all the wrong faces? Maybe if I just sit here and
wait, real and true authentic love will come to me in the form
of something I will never expect.

In light of day, I continue to be alone. I hide behind who I
appear to be but I am willing to be whoever he wants me to be,
all I need is to be loved...

No comments: