Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Loving God when you don't feel like it.

I actually stole the title of this blog from Jeff Deyo's sermon today in chapel...but it really made me think...
I was talking to my friend one day about how a certain artist always repeated themselves over and over again and I didn't like them because of it. He was obviously joking but he's like, "Well, you're going to get bored in Heaven because all they sing is holy, holy, holy!" This never struck me as profound until today...how bored do we as Christians get if we get stuck in routine...praying, reading our Bible, going to church, repeat...it just seems like a continuous loop sometimes...but the problem with this is that God isn't a boring guy...He is exciting and always wanting to show us new things, but we have to be willing to let Him. God isn't willing to take you unless you're willing to go.

No comments: