Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Forgiveness

My roommates and I were talking about our backgrounds today, trying to get to know each other and one of my roommates started talking about how she got saved. She said that she kissed someone else's boyfriend at a party and instead of getting mad and beating her up, she told her that in order to make it up to her, she'd have to come to church with her. What an awesome example of forgiveness. Instead of getting mad at her for doing something that was obviously wrong, she loved on this girl and cared about her well-being. This really made me think about how I would react to that kind of situation if I were in the girl's shoes finding out my boyfriend kissed another girl at a party. I honestly would be really mad at both of them for a long time and it would be hard for me to forgive them, especially the way this girl did. The last thing I would want to do was talk to her or him for that matter. But if a girl who was still in high school can show God's unconditional love to a girl who hurt her, why can't I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. that is amazing...I couldn't imagine the strength it took to do that!