Friday, June 3, 2011

Somewhere in my imagination...

You intrigue me; I long to know the mysteries that are hidden within the light of your eyes. They do not reflect crystal clear water or the green sea, they reflect the mud in a remote pond somewhere that most people do not know about. This is not gross to me, it's fascinating. The beauty that lies within you is much more prominent than your outward beauty, although both your inner and outward beauty amaze me. Instead of seeing what lies beneath, there are layers and layers of you where most people would give up digging to find who you really are but I will not give up. I want to know who you really are. When I find out, we can interlock fingers along the unlevel concrete among broken people who are searching for themselves. Most people do not find this beautiful but to us, we are walking across streets of gold and sidewalk made of precious jewels among princes and princesses whose smiles give off the same light as diamonds do.

1 comment:

Jamie Nicole said...

Emily, this is exquisite!