Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hey, do you think that we could just be friends?

Disclaimer: This is not directed at a single person...


I noticed you noticing me...no, this isn't another one of those cliché love stories where we run toward each other when we are the only ones in the whole world,  lace our fingers together then  I wrap my arms around your neck and yours around my waist and we dance and dance until we can leave and  live happily ever after.  It's the opposite. The exact opposite.  I felt you staring at me and I quickly glanced over to see if it was someone or just a figment of my imagination.

When I noticed it was you, I jerked my head away from your direction so you don't think that I even remotely feel the same….but I saw you smile at me...more of your jungle of nasty facial hair that covers most of your face slightly moving where the corners of your mouth are supposed to be. I know that stare, like a little puppy dog begging at the dinner table drooling all over the floor. I HATE THAT STARE. I don't want you the way that you want me so please, please just leave me be. 

No comments: