Sunday, May 15, 2011

Meeting God where you're at.

Confession time: I was having a really difficult time worshiping this morning at church because the lady leading was really noticeably off key (I also usually get distracted by spelling/grammatical errors on slides) and the girls singing back up were singing something completely different, not much different than cacophony. I know that's bad to think...their hearts were in the worship, I just didn't like the way that they sounded and it was really hard for me to focus on God...so I did what any normal person who can't focus would do and started looking around at people (which I could get away with since I wasn't at my own church ;)) Most people had their hands at their sides and were blankly staring forward but I noticed one woman in the front row who was really, genuinely worshiping God...no matter how bad the music sounded or what everyone else was doing, this woman was focused on God and God only. This is what meeting God where you're at looks like...no matter the surrounding circumstances or environment, you are focused on God and God only. 

Not only do we meet God where we're at, He meets us where we're at...when you feel like you're so far away from God that you can never go back, when you feel like He is just out of reach...when you've messed up...when you are straddling the fence of Godliness and worldliness and you want to go toward Godliness, when you are so close to Him, you don't feel like you can get any closer...He will meet you where you're at...grab your hand and take you where you need to be....grab your hand and take you further than you could ever imagine you would go. Just keep seeking Him. You WILL find Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi !!! Good job!
Wuzzap?