Monday, December 13, 2010

I miss you..

I don't recognize you, who are you? You look vaguely familiar, I think that I used to have a best friend that looks exactly like you. Her voice sounds exactly like yours too. Heck, you guys even have the same first and last name. It can't be you, can it? Her eyes were so full of laughter and light whenever she smiled, but your eyes look so empty and worn out from life. She had such confidence in what God had for her and swore that she would follow Him all of her days, let Him guide her path and trust in Him to provide for her. You swear that you don't need God and you can do it on your own but I watch you struggle to provide. She was in love with this guy, she swore he was the one that God had for her...she got tired of waiting, so she settled and now has a beautiful baby daughter...wait, it is you! I miss you so much, I wish you would have listened to me that God would help you back up when you fell before you were so interested in what the world had to offer, which is nothing so it left you empty...now you're trapped. He still loves you so much, no matter what you've done. I wish that I could help you grasp this concept but I still need to. I wish that you would still talk to me, I was only honest with you because I love you. I was in no way trying to pass judgment on you, but I didn't want to see you get hurt...I did anyways...if I could leave you with one piece of advice and you would listen to me, I'd tell you to take God's hand, hold it tight and never let go. He will guide your path straight. He loves you so much and so do I, still.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this and couldn't stop thinking about my sister...it reminds me of her. The fact that God is still going to be there for her when she decides to reach for Him again really helped me. Thank you.

Emily Moews said...

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”-John 16:33

That verse always comforts me when I am having a rough time, especially when people I care about are exploring what the world has to offer. Just keep praying and keep reaching out to her, and I know that God will use you through that. I will remember to keep her in my prayers too :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks Emily! That scripture is really awesome. I will keep praying and thank you for praying too =]