Tuesday, September 6, 2011

To my brothers in Christ...

My roommate and I were talking today about how we as Christian women can really stink at encouraging and respecting our brothers in Christ the way that we should. I would like to sincerely apologize for not always being the encouragement to you guys that God has called me to be. I found this "note" on Facebook that I wrote in November 2009 (I edited it a little.) and I still find it to be very true.:


We hear all the time that "real men do ----" and "real men don't----". The world's definitions do not constitute what a real man is. It doesn't matter what you wear or whether or not you straighten your hair, how talented you are, how tough are doesn't really matter in the long run. The size of your heart matters. Your intentions matter.The way you treat other people matters. A real man lives his life to the fullest and is who God created him to be.



Thank you to all of my brothers in Christ who have challenged me, encouraged me to grow, had deep conversations with me that encouraged me to go further, dig deeper into why I believe what I believe, to look at other's views, that I photoshopped into other people's bodies for my own entertainment haha, that make me laugh, that I can spend hours talking about absolutely nothing with, etc. I probably wouldn't be who I am today if God hadn't sent my brothers in Christ to me exactly when I needed them.



Thank you guys!  appreciate you. You're awesome, bro!

1 comment:

Jeannie Miller said...

I agree! A lot of our society is wound up in belittling godly masculinity and making our brothers feel like the effort is too much, and that it's just better to just not deal with problems. It's the movement in the 60s that has taken the title of husband and father and made them insignificant in the eyes of modern society. Even some say that marriage is overrated now. Some think that a man who displays true godly masculinity is to be looked down upon with scorn, but God created the man to be the leader in his household and to raise godly children alongside his wife. I really liked this post! :) Thanks for sharing!